Data Science Intern 2023 - Copenhagen
We are looking for a skilled intern for spring 2023, who wants to play a major role in data processing, modelling, visualization, and product & idea development.
As a part of our data science team, you will work with real data to solve real issues. We provide solutions to solve problems in a variety of sectors such as financial services, higher education, and life sciences. You will be an integral part of the team for making predictive models, data platforms, datasets, and dashboards. Luckily, you won’t have to save the world by yourself. You will be collaborating with skilled team members from a diverse set of backgrounds – engineering, chemists, econometrics, social sciences, scientometrics and more.
Our customers are both companies and public institutions ranging from Novo Nordisk to Aarhus University. Beyond working with clients, you will also execute and develop ideas for our inhouse artificial intelligence products. You will be part of a dynamic, creative, and ambitious everyday life, where there is not far from idea to realization. We are a young team and many of us were interns before you. We take special care to make sure that our intern program ensures holistic growth and learning for the individual intern.
The internship position is a full-time position from January 2023 to June 2023 and we offer a compensation of 5.000 kr. per month.
About the recruitment process
If we have stirred up your interest, please send us an application with a motivation, your CV and a link to GitHub or another example of your coding. Please remember to enclose a transcript of your grades from upper secondary school and university.
We will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on an on-going basis, so please do not sit on your application too long. Damvad is an equal opportunity employer. We thrive and develop by diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone working with us.
- Data collection (database calls, APIs, web scraping, etc.) and data preparation
- Machine Learning in production (Docker)
- Cloud Computing (AWS)
- Data visualization (e.g. dashboards or traditional visualizations)
- Development of packages in Python
- Version management (git)
- Natural Language Processing and transformer models (BERT)
- Participation in customer meetings
- SQL and ElasticSearch databases
- Pursuing a masters level education with computer science or mathematical modelling or similar with excellent results
- Passionate about applying your skills to real world issues.
- Analytically sharp and observant
- Ingenious and passionate
- Structured, thorough and systematic
- Master of Python
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Is comfortable in a dynamic environment
- Writes and speaks Danish and English
- Profound knowledge within data science
- Hands-on learning opportunity to supplement your studies and help to advance our Data Science department
- The opportunity to gain insight into a consulting firm and work alongside experienced & ambitious colleagues
- A mentor program with regularly scheduled meetings with one of the consultants so we make sure you learn!
- A lot of fun and social activities combined with flexible working hours
For more information, or to apply for the position, please do not hesitate to contact: